I am going to be completely honest, I HATE SALMON. I know it’s healthy, high in omega-3s, better than red meat in your diet, etc. I am like a lot of people who think Salmon is very fishy. Turns out if it tastes that strong then it probably isn’t real fresh however…. I just didn’t like it.
My husband is the one who wanted to eat more salmon. It is an expensive fish, especially if you buy it fresh and wild caught is the best type to get. Now being on a budget, we got 16 oz Wild Caught Pink Salmon bags at Aldi for $ 3.99 on sale. It contained 4 portioned cuts of fish. It worked well to go from frozen to finished in less than 25 minutes. Of course you can use fresh totally up to you.
This recipe is a keeper since it made change my mind ( and taste buds) of something I hated eating. Maybe it will change your mind too.
- Oven preheated at 375 degrees F
- Knife and cutting board
- Ramekin for mixing sauce
- Aluminum foil
- Cookie sheet or pan
- 4 tablespoons County Crock Spread melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper ( plus to season to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (plus to season to taste)
- 4 pieces of Salmon
Lunch will definitely be leftovers.