When we moved from New Jersey, we left behind some good food. We would frequent some of the local pizza shops and get large pizzas with the perfect crust and toppings …. fast forward 2 years later in Georgia in our town, QT and Little Cesar’s often where we fill the pizza void. That is until I started making it myself.
Making pizza is not hard. It takes good tools, seasoning and time. The more you make it the more you master it . Buffalo Chicken Pizza is one of our favorites. This is how I make mine.
- Kitchen Aide Mixer
- Large Cookie Sheet
- Several mixing bowls
- Dough ( can be purchased made at store or homemade I prefer homemade)
- 2 lbs of chicken breast
- 8 oz bag of 4 cheese Italian shredded cheese
- 8 oz bag of mozerella cheese
- 1 cup + drizzling of Frank’s buffalo wing sauce
- Ken’s Blue cheese dressing
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Goya Adobo
- Black pepper to your taste
1. In a bowl, season the chicken breast with the garlic powder, Adobo and pepper. Add a little oil when seasoning it will help keep the chicken moist. Place in pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Let sit on the counter for ten minutes before proceeding to next step.
2. While chicken is sitting, raise the temperature of the oven to 425 degrees. Next, spread the dough out on the greased cookie sheet. It is better to spread by hand but you can use a rolling pin to spread but let the dough rest again for a few minutes to rise again. No need to be perfect.
3. You can shred the chicken by hand, cut it with a knife or use your kitchen aide * my favorite way *. Add chicken to your kitchen aide using the paddle attachment. And put the chicken in and put speed on low slowly increasing to medium until shredded to your liking. This will take a few minutes. Add 1/2 cup to a full cup of the buffalo wing sauce and stir the shredded chicken in the kitchen aide.
4. Add the chicken to the rested dough evenly.
5. Add the mix of cheeses over the chicken. Add as much or as little as you want. I had some more chicken so I added more .
6. Drizzle some more buffalo wing sauce all over pizza.
7. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until the sides and underneath are golden brown.
8. Drizzle blue cheese dressing over the pizza or place in side for Dipping.
Very easy and so tasty ! Kids can have fun making this or pepperoni or cheese pizza !
This is a great pizza recipe to have handy for game night or football food etc.