Now I have to be honest, I thought this would be harder. Making food from scratch is always seen as the best you can provide for your family. And being a busy mom who works full time, I constantly challenge myself to do something new to liven up mealtime. There is nothing more I would love to than be home with the kids, coupon, and be a full time homemaker. But until that opportunity is available, I’ll be cooking and baking to my hearts content.
Back to dessert…..
The best part is you probably have all the ingredients already in your cabinet and fridge.
The cake recipe is made with all purpose flour so it makes it even easier and less expensive to make. The batter itself is good on its own. The buttercream icing can be completely optional.
- Hand mixer or Kitchen aid mixer
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- 2-3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp of Real Vanilla Extracts
- 4 Large Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
1. Cream (mix) the sugar and room temperature butter.
7. Set aside to cool.
Add the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (See recipe here) and serve !