No need for fast food today ! Having an almost completely made from scratch burger is not as hard as you may think. These are all ingredients you have on hand and the burgers freeze well so you can prep for another time. This made at home version will definitely be a keeper.
The hubby was feeling good so he grilled for us which made it even better. I totally recommend using the grill for burgers but if you don’t have it handy ( or don’t want to) I would use the oven with a baking rack or a George Forman grill ( be careful not to over cook on the George Forman because it will dry out the burger ).
So let’s get down to business.
- Grill/ Oven/ George Forman
- 1 medium bowl/1 large bowl
- Wisk or fork
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large Pan
- Storage container
- 2 teaspoons Adobo ( you may want more or less. I always make a test mini burger before finishing to make sure I seasoned it well )
- 1 onion soup packet
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2.5 pounds of 73/27 ground beef ( most of the fat goes away and makes a juicier burger)
For Big Mac Sauce (Todd Wilbur’s Top Secret Chef Recipe)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann Mayonaisse
- 2 tablespoons Wishbone French dressing
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons of Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of minced white onion
For the sandwich
- American or Cheddar cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Hamburger Dill Pickles
- Sesame seed bin
- Add ground beef into a large bowl and spread it out. This is so when you pour rest of the ingredients it blends out better.
- Add onion soup mix and adobo.
- Mix the egg and milk together and pour over the adobo and soup mix. Then add the bread crumbs and mix. Mix until incorporated do not over mix it can make the burger tough.
- Grab a handful of the meat and pat down into a flat circle. Leave a little dent in the middle so they don’t pop up as much. Lay on a pan each time. Depending on the size hands you have it can make about 12- 1/4 pound burgers
- Put in the fridge to cool down for 1/2 hr or put in the freezer for like five minutes. This will help the flavors develop.
- Once cooled down grill the burgers to your liking. (We are medium well people but it came out well but they were still juicy. )
- In a medium size bowl add all the ingredients and mix well
- Place in a small storage container and let sit for at least 10 minutes ( the longer the better). This about 1 cup of Big Mac Sauce
To finish the sandwich:
- Use one seasame seed bun, spread a generous helping of sauce on the lid.
- Add lettuce and pickles to the lid
- Place cheese on the burger patty … if you want to go the traditional route use 2 patties but that is optional. If you choose to do two … (I strongly suggest putting a layer of sauce in between the cheese and the second patty)
- Top the burger and dig in !