Truly, the last few days have been exhausting. Between sicknesses and work…. I am legitimately tired. Last night was an interesting one. I stayed up 2-9 am watching over my two kids, one with a cold and one with the flu with high fevers. Somewhere between 6 and 7am, I was falling asleep and needed something to keep me awake.
So after paroosing Pinterest I found something that peeked my interest. I never through about mixing bananas and zucchini. I saw a few recipes and I just didn’t like how much sugar they wanted. Most said 3 ripe bananas and 2 and 1/2 cups of sugar and some also included brown sugar. There are many variations. I modified and came up with a recipe that had more of a balance of sweetness amped up a little with the glaze. It was all worth the try, because unbeknownst to my daughter, she grabbed a piece and ate it all without even questioning what was in it or what it was.
Here is what I did.
- Oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1 medium size loaf pan
- A grater ( the smaller the better)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups of grated Zucchini
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice *make your own*
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 oz of cream cheese
- 2 cups of powder or confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk
1. Grate 1 medium size Zucchini will render 2 cups.
2. In a bowl add 4 really ripe bananas and mash them. There should still be some chunks.
1. I didn’t have room temperature cream cheese so I put it in the microwave for like 20 seconds and stirring it as soon as it comes out.
2. Add the confectioners sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix all together until smooth with a fork.
Finished Bread with Glaze