Happy Wednesday ! I hope you had a great one. Today was the day for the ever adverterous and daring me to make something new on a weekday …. but as they say no pain no food…. 🙂
Spaghetti squash has always interested me but I could never find it. Low and behold last week at Aldi’s they had a few and I picked one up to finally try it. I decided to try something simple to know how it would taste and open my tastebuds to trying it in different ways. Here is how I prepared it.
- Cookie sheet
- Sharp Heavy Knife
- Cutting board
- 2 Tupperware containers
- Oven at 400 degrees F
2 table spoons of grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper all over in side and poke holes throughout.
- Flip over so the inside is facing down. Cook at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven and with a fork scrap in long strokes the inside of the squash. It really does resemble pasta .
- Dump the spaghetti into a Tupperware or bowl. Mine yielded about 5 cups.
- I took about half and placed in another container. Add Parmesan and garlic powder and mix well.
- Done !
This was very simple. For the first time trying it, I could have eaten it just fine without the garlic or Parmesan. It had a nutty flavor so it paired well with the Parmesan and I want to try it next with alfredo sauce or to add meatballs and tomato sauce . I did reserve half so I can try something else with it. This will have infinite possibilities.
How have you prepared it ??? Any suggestions? Leave me a comment !